- Are pets allowed in the hotel room?
If you are allergic to animals or have a pet you would like to bring with you, please contact the resort directly to confirm its current pet policy.
- Is there a deposit required when booking lodging?
Yes. While deposit requirements vary from site to site, many of our hotels do require some sort of an advanced deposit. Please confirm directly with the hotel at the time of booking.
- Are there any discounts for lodging?
Yes. To receive the Keystone Symposia group lodging rate, you should:
Log in to your account and refer to the Lodging Information section.
Call the lodge and identify yourself with Keystone Symposia (contact numbers located on the Meeting Locations page). Note that some sites require a group code which you can find on our Meeting Locations page and the discount on rooms is based on the entire meeting stay.
- How can I sign up for a shared room or a roommate?
Each conferee is responsible for arranging his or her own shared accommodations. However, we do offer a roommate bulletin board to assist in the process, it is located under the Resources tab, Roommate Bulletin Board
- Is the lodging price for one night?
It depends on the meeting location. For some of our conferences the lodging price is listed as a package rate for the duration of the meeting, and for other conferences the rates are listed nightly. It will be clearly marked on our website whether the price listed is a package rate or a nightly rate. Prices are subject to local taxes and surcharges. Many resorts do not reduce or prorate the cost if you do not stay the entire time. Please also note the difference in currency depending on what country the conference is taking place.
- Is more information about the resort available?
Yes. The Keystone Symposia website has detailed information about each resort on the Meeting Locations
page. Keystone Symposia is always looking for more information to pass on to conferees, so please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you have a suggestion for a website that is highly informative.
- Are taxes and surcharges included in the advertised price?
No, taxes and surcharges are not included in our advertised lodging rates. Contact the resort directly for more information regarding these charges. Contact numbers are available for each Meeting Location
- Why are the taxes and surcharges not included in the lodging rates posted on the website?
Taxes and surcharges vary from site to site. They are often set during state, county and municipal elections. As we are unable to keep up with these changes that are required by law, we do not include them. When making lodging reservations, please call the resort to find out the final all-inclusive price.
- How do I cancel my lodging reservation?
- If I lost something on my trip, who do I call?
While most resorts have a lost and found department, the size of the hotel or resort can make recovering items difficult. Please contact the resort as soon as the item is missed and ask for Lost and Found. While the meeting is still in progress, contact our on-site personnel or hotel concierge as they might be able to assist you.
- I am a disabled conferee. Where can I get information regarding handicapped facilities at this resort?
Scientists with disabilities are welcome and encouraged to participate in Keystone Symposia meetings.
Keystone Symposia Attendee Services at +1 970- 262-1230 or by email at email@example.com
for accessibility information and additional information regarding special services, such as:
- Free registration to assistants or companions needed for note-taking or personal care.
- Preferred lodging options for persons with limited mobility.
- Assistance locating the most optimal handicapped-accessible lodging.
In some cases, accommodations for individuals with disabilities are limited, so attendees are encouraged to make arrangements well in advance of the meeting.
- Are the Conference Center and lodging located together under one roof?
Keystone Symposia suggests you seek out more detailed information on the resort website. See our Meeting Locations
page for the resort at which your meeting is being held for details. Check our Travel FAQs
for other travel suggestions.