Frequently Asked Questions
- Abstracts / Meeting Books
- Arrival Day
- Bringing Family
- Communication / Internet Availability
- Global Health Travel Awards
- Lodging / Resort
- Mobile App
- Recording Devices
- Special Needs
- Username / Password
- Is there one place for "all-I-need-to-know" information about the Mobile App?
- Do you have a meeting mobile app?
- What features does the mobile app provide to enhance the meeting experience?
- View and search the full text of poster and speaker abstracts
- Search the entire app (including program and speaker/poster abstracts) for names and/or keywords
- Send messages to or chat with other attendees
- Join group discussions
- Add your website and social media links in the "Contact" section of your profile and your email address and a link to your ResearchGate page in the "About" section
- View the program, "favorite" sessions and abstracts that you don't want to miss and create a personalized meeting agenda
- Receive on-site announcements from our staff
- Take session-specific notes and email them to yourself
- View job announcements
- Access information about local-area activities, discounts and services.
- What is the difference between a Web App and a Native App?
- How do I access the Web App?
- How do I download / access the Native App?
- Apple App Store for Apple devices
- Google Play Store for Android devices
- Are there any compatibility Issues with devices or operating systems?
- iOS 6 and later
- Android 4.1 and later
- Blackberry OS 10 and later
- any Windows OS running IE 9 and later
- Apple App Store: iOS 7 and higher
- Google Play: Android 4 and higher
- Chrome 14 and later
- Safari 5.1 and later
- Firefox 6 and later
- Internet Explorer 9 and later
- What happens if I lose my internet connection?
- Adding or editing your attendee profile
- Uploading images
- Getting updates and alerts
- Participating in polls, surveys, and feedback forms
- viewing attached resource documents
- How can I edit my own profile and upload a picture?
- How do I Search abstracts for keywords and/or authors?
- How do I create my own custom schedule?
- How do I take notes (and save)?
- How do I view alerts?
- Can I send a message to an organizers, speakers, or other attendees?
- Can I get help if I have problems downloading or using the app?
Open a browser window on your device and go to http://apps.eventmobi.com/ks.
For Meeting-specific app:
You must know the abbreviated meeting code. This code is the two-digit year followed by the letter number for the meeting listed on the meetings page of our website. For example, 16S1, 16S2, 17A2, joint meetings are 17J12, 17X12, etc. Open a browser window on your device and type in this URL: http://eventmobi.com/'meetingcode', where 'meetingcode' is the abbreviated meeting code described above.
Once the meeting is displayed in the browser, you can bookmark the page and save to your desktop. Then, just click on the desktop icon to access the app.
Our mobile app can be accessed from any device with a web browser -- smartphone, table, laptop, or desktop. Our offline-capable app works smoothly on any device with a current operating system and mainstream browser:
If you are viewing the app on an older mobile device or a slow internet connection, you may be redirected to a quick view that displays essential agenda and event date/time/location information.
All devices will require connectivity for the initial download of the app.
Once you have accessed the app, it will save itself to your browser and you will be able to access it offine thereafter.
From an App Store
Our apps are available from the following app stores. To download the app from one of the app stores, your device must meet the following requirement:
On Your Desktop Browser
Our app is also supported by all mainstream desktop browsers:
If you would prefer not to download from the app store, just access it in your browser using the unique URL for your event's app. It usually takes the following format: eventmobi.com/17A1.
You have to be online the first time you access your app. The first time you access the event app on your mobile device, you will see a loading screen for a few seconds while the app stores itself in your browser's local memory (cache). Thereafter, all the app content will be available to you with or without connectivity. Some functions will still require connectivity:
To load a picture in your profile, click 'Edit' located above the person icon (top, left on screen), then click 'select photo' and browse to the location of your saved picture. The picture should be square and approximately 100 x 100 pixels. NOTE: If you are using an iPhone, only those running iOS6 or later will support image upload.