Frequently Asked Questions
- Abstracts / Meeting Books
- Arrival Day
- Bringing Family
- Communication / Internet Availability
- Global Health Travel Awards
- Lodging / Resort
- Mobile App
- Recording Devices
- Special Needs
- Username / Password
Global Health Travel Awards - FAQs
- Who is eligible to apply for a Global Health Travel Award?
- Do I need to submit an abstract and pay the abstract submission fee in order to apply for a Global Health Travel Award?
- How do I know if I successfully completed my application?
- When will I find out if I have received a Global Health Travel Award?
- If I have received a Global Health Travel award for another meeting, am I eligible to apply again?
- I am trying to submit an application (step 3), but it does not reflect in my account. What can I do?
- How do I submit the recommendation letter?
In order to qualify for a Global Health Travel Award, you must be a scientist, physician, fellow or student from a country where the meeting topic health problem is indigenous. Preference will be given to individuals originating from an affected nation.
No. To apply for a Global Health Travel Award you will need to go to Travel Awards:
1) Select the meeting for which you want to apply.
2) Verify your contact information.
3) Submit your Application.
4) Submit your recommendation letter.
You will see a check mark for each step completed in the application process. Once all four of the steps are completed, your status will change to "Applicant".
All applications will be reviewed after the deadline. We will send immediate notification to all applicants once we have the results from the application review. We strive to complete this process within 4 weeks of the deadline.
Global Health Travel Award applicants may claim one award per meeting year, which runs from July - June.
Please make sure to hit the Submit Application button. Make sure that you save your answers in the application at least every 20 minutes by hitting the Submit Application button. If you still have problems, email your problem to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click on the link in Step 4 in the application process, then fill in your supervisor's name and email address. Click on the "Send Mentor Letter" button. This sends an email to your supervisor with a link that they can open to complete the requested information. When completed your supervisor will submit the letter via this link. We will no longer accept letters that are emailed or mailed to our office.