- If I am awarded a scholarship, how do I find out about being reimbursed?
As a scholarship winner, you will receive detailed information on how to receive reimbursement from the Program Implementation Department. You may also find detailed reimbursement information by logging into your account.
- How do I apply for a scholarship?
In order to apply, please go to Scholarships
section on the website and:
1. Verify your contact information.
2. Submit an abstract with the abstract fee.
3. Have your mentor verify your status as a student or a potdoc.
All 3 elements of the scholarship application must
be completed before midnight (US Mountain Standard Time) on the scholarship deadline or your application is incomplete and will not be considered for a scholarship. Payment of the abstract submission fee must also be made by this date in order to be considered for a scholarship.
- Do you offer scholarships to attendees other than students and postdocs?
At this time the Keystone Symposia Scholarship program is only able to offer scholarships to students and postdocs. You may view our Travel Awards
to see if you meet their eligibility requirements for these other programs.
- I received a scholarship and submitted my receipts. When can I expect to receive reimbursement?
Reimbursement will be issued and mailed within 4 - 6 weeks after the conference.
- I applied for a scholarship and did not receive one. Does that mean my abstract was not accepted for poster presentation?
No. You will be receiving a separate email from our Attendee Services Department regarding your abstract acceptance for poster display.
- Can you waive or defer the abstract fee or registration fee?
As a nonprofit organization, Keystone Symposia is unable to pay for or waive/defer the abstract fee or registration fee.
- What are my chances of receiving a scholarship?
The conference organizers review abstracts and base the awards solely on their quality and relevance to the conference topic. The number of awards per meeting is based on grants/funding received.
- If I am not awarded a scholarship, can I get my abstract fee refunded?
If you are not awarded a scholarship and cannot attend the meeting, the abstract fee is refundable as long as you cancel before the Discounted Registration Deadline.
- How do I know if you have received all of my information for the scholarship?
You can log in
to your account to verify the status of your application and confirm that all required elements have been received. Your status will change from "incomplete" to "applicant" when your application has been completed.
- What is the deadline for scholarship applications?
The deadlines for scholarship applications are posted on the website. Go to the Conference list under the Conference tab, and select the meeting that you are interested in. All the deadlines including the scholarship deadline are listed here.
- When will I find out if I have been awarded a scholarship?
Once we have received the organizers' review, we will send immediate notification to scholarship applicants. We strive to complete this process in advance of the Discounted Registration Deadline.
- Are scholarships awarded after the conclusion of a meeting?
Although rare, scholarship awards can be received up to 6 months after a meeting, pending grant notification. It is important to retain your receipts in case of a late award.
- What are my duties as a scholarship winner?
If you have received notification that you are a scholarship winner your duties will include presenting your poster abstract at the meeting, retaining and submitting valid receipts for reimbursement, and completing an exit survey upon your return from the meeting.
- If I have received a scholarship for another meeting, am I eligible to apply again?
You can be awarded only one scholarship per meeting year (July - June) unless there are excess funds available.
- My mentor has not received an email to submit the mentor letter. What should I do?
Make sure that your mentor can accept email from email@example.com. Have them check their junk mail and spam filter for the email. Make sure that you entered the correct email address. You can reenter your mentor's information in step 4 of the application process to resend the email.