Diversity in Life Science Programs
How You Can Help
- Take advantage of NIH Research Supplements to Promote Diversity in Health-Related Research (PA-08-190).
- Share NIH opportunities for new investigators - such as Loan Repayment Programs (http://www.lrp.nih.gov/) and postdoctoral training programs at NIH - with junior colleagues. A wealth of information is available at: http://www.training.nih.gov/postdoctoral/pdopps.asp.
- Encourage participation at professional meetings by your colleagues who are members of underrepresented groups.
- Indicate your gender/ethnicity when registering or updating your Keystone Symposia account information.
- Realize that not everyone has the benefit of early exposure to research experience or strong K-12 education.
- Contribute to biomedical workforce development through research training activities and mentoring. Resources are available at: http://www.nigms.nih.gov/Training/OptimizingtheResearchTrainingPartnership.htm.